REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
OWNER: MILLE LACS BAND OF OJIBWE DATE ISSUED: 11 May, 2017
43408 OODENA DRIVE
ONAMIA, MN 56359 BID DATE: 31 May, 2017
PROJECT: 62264 Grouse Trail. Lake Lena, MN
TO: QUALIFIED GENERAL CONTRACTORS
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for renovation at 62264 Grouse Trail Lake Lena, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 31 May, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 1 June, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held on Wednesday May 17th 2017 at 10:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
- Supply a 20-yard dumpster two weeks prior to start of project for tenants use.
- Supply a storage pod two weeks prior to start of project for tenants use. To remain for up to three weeks after project completion.
- Repair siding and accessories to include the repair of insulation coating along foundation. Supply and install reinforcing mesh, base coat and finish coat. To match existing color.
- Remove air conditioning unit and support, frame in opening, insulate, sheath, apply house wrap and side area.
- Demo and replace frost-free sill cocks.
- Demo and replace window gaskets. Demo lower level window, supply and install egress unit.
- Remove plywood and install hopper window (on site) so it is operable.
- Demo and replace roofing with spec roofing to include all accessories, plumbing jacks, vents, etc. satellite dish and other components to be reinstalled.
- Repair metal fascia at rear of building.
- Fill in low areas and seed12’ out from building.
- Demo rear patio door. Infill area to accept 3’0 full light door. To include supply and install sheathing, house wrap, insulation, siding and the sheet rocking, taping, priming and painting.
- Supply and install new screen to front entry.
- Close off deck stair risers.
- Install 4’x4’ pad at rear deck.
- Demo and replace all smoke detectors with new combo smoke c/o detector to meet code compliance.
- Patch and paint all interior drywall surfaces. Apply Kilz mold eliminator over molding areas.
- Attach bedroom closet framing members to exterior wall.
- Demo door opening at end of hall, infill sheetrock, tape, prime and paint.
- Supply and install missing or broken receptacles and switch covers.
- Demo flooring throughout, supply and install sheet vinyl throughout. Supply and install vinyl stair treads and risers to interior stairs.
- Patch and paint concrete flooring in mechanical room.
- Demo and replace baseboards throughout.
- Demo and replace any damaged or missing floor vents and diffusers.
- Supply and install missing trim pieces stained and sealed to match existing.
- Demo base boards in bathes, supply and install 4” vinyl base (color to be selected by homeowner).
- Demo and install new bath fans.
- Supply and install missing door stops.
- Demo and replace interior doors slabs and hardware with spec units, doors stained to match existing finishes, hardware to match existing metal finish.
- Remove Bi-fold closet doors. Modify openings to accept double doors.
- Reframe wall to move room to rear of basement. Supply and install electrical components to wall. Wire a switch to isolate lighting for bedroom lighting. Sheetrock, tape prime and paint.
- Demo paneling, tape, texture and paint sheetrock.
- Frame end wall under stairs to accept door. Sheetrock, tape and paint. Supply and install pre-hung door creating a closet under stairs.
- Repair suspended ceiling grid. Demo and replace ceiling tiles.
- Insulate plumbing lines above suspended ceiling.
- Supply and install coil, condenser, electrical disconnect connection for operable system to install central air to furnace.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Archie Cash – CMD Project Coordinator at email@example.com or at 320.532.7432 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
- Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
- A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
- A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
- Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
- A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
- A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
- A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 62264 grouse Trail Lake Lena
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
**Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.**
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits. Both sites will require city and county permitting.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
- In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
- In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
- For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2017 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __________________________________________________________________________
JOB/PROJECT: 62264 Grouse trail Lake Lena, MN
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __________ date 2) ___________date 3) ___________date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _________________________
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
- MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
- MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
- COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
- LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY
- COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
- SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ________________________________TELEPHONE:_____________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________