REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
OWNER: MILLE LACS BAND OF OJIBWE DATE ISSUED: 28 March, 2017
43408 OODENA DRIVE
ONAMIA, MN 56359 BID DATE: 12 April 2017
PROJECT: Plumbing Phase, 6381 Sail Away- Garrison, MN
TO: Qualified General Contractors
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
RFP for plumbing phase of remodel
6381 Sail Away Garrison, MN
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed bids for the renovation of a home located at 6381 Sail Away, Garrison, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 12 April 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 13 April 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on Monday April 3rd at 11:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description:
Turn Key Construction. 2016 MLB Spec Book.
Plumbing phase, 6381 Sail Away Garrison MN: All products per 2016 MLB Specifications unless noted otherwise.
- Demo and replace water softener. Supply and install new Fleck 5600STX 40,000 grains capacity water softener. Contractor will supply first salt fill and program water softener.
- Demo and replace pressure tank. Supply and install new pressure tank ensuring new pressure tank is adequately sized for buildings water usage.
- Supply and install a Culligan HF-360 whole house water filter inline before water softener. Water filter to be installed in an area easily accessible for home owner with drain line tubing secured and ran to floor drain.
- Demo the two existing water heaters and all piping and ducting no longer needed to convert to a single water heater. Supply and install one large natural gas water heater (A.O. Smith Model FCG-75). Installation to include fresh air intake supply and floor pan.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Archie Cash at 320-532-7432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Project Coordinator at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
- Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
- A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
- A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
- Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
- A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
- A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
- A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Plumbing phase, 6381 Sail Away, Garrison MN
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
**Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. **
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2016 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __________________________________________________________________________
JOB/PROJECT: Plumbing Phase 6381 Sail Away Garrison MN
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __________ date 2) ___________date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
- MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
- MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
- COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
- TERO COMPLIANCE FORM
- LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY (If required)
- COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE (if applicable)
- SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ________________________________TELEPHONE:_____________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________