REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
OWNER: MILLE LACS BAND OF OJIBWE DATE ISSUED: 3-28-2017
43408 OODENA DRIVE
ONAMIA, MN 56359 BID DATE: 4-19-2017
PROJECT: 2937 300th Ave Brook Park, MN Plumbing Phase
TO: QUALIFIED GENERAL CONTRACTORS
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for renovation at 2937 300th Ave. Brook Park MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 19 April, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 20 April, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A Pre-Bid site visit will be held on Monday April 10th 2017 at 1:00 PM. Property is between MN state Hwy 65 and Hinckley on 300th Ave.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
- Supply and install Lennox ACX14 air conditioner. Turnkey installation complete with all components and accessories needed to incorporate air conditioner into existing furnace including condenser pad and thermostat.
- Demo and replace existing water heater. Supply and install O. Smith Model # Promax GPVL-50 LP gas fired water heater.
- Demo and replace existing water softener. Supply and install FLECK Model # 5600 SXT 35,000 Grain water softener. Contractor will supply the first fill of salt and program unit.
- Demo and replace existing wood stove. Supply and install Vogelzang Durango High Efficiency wood stove Model # To include installation of a power supply for the blower unit of wood stove if needed.
- Demo and replace range hood. Supply and install Whirlpool Model # UXT5230BDS range hood vented to exterior. To include ducting and exterior wall cap with backdraft damper.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Archie Cash – CMD Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 320.532.7432 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
- Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
- A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
- A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
- Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
- A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
- A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
- A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Plumbing Phase, 2739 300th Ave. Brook Park, MN
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
**Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.**
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits. Both sites will require city and county permitting.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
- In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
- In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
- For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2017 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __________________________________________________________________________
JOB/PROJECT: Plumbing phase 2739 300th Ave. Brook Park, MN
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __________ date 2) ___________date 3) ___________date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _________________________
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
- MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
- MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
- COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
- LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY
- COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
- SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ________________________________TELEPHONE:_____________________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________