Welcome to the temporary website of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. Unfortunately, our website is no longer functional, so while we are building a new site, please refer to this page for phone numbers, important emails, current job postings and other information.
Our tribal government is based in our District I community on Mille Lacs Lake north of Onamia. Our members reside on the 1855 Mille Lacs Reservation on the south and west shores of Mille Lacs Lake, and also in Minisinaakwaang (East Lake) near McGregor, Aazhoomog (Lake Lena) east of Hinckley, and Chiminising (Isle, Minnesota).
We operate Grand Casino Mille Lacs and Grand Casino Hinckley as well as many other Band-owned businesses around the region and the country.
Miigwech (thank you) for your interest and your patience.
Main switchboard: 320-532-4181
Email inquiries: Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you or someone you know is injured or in danger, call 911 first.
- Tribal Police Department dispatch: 888-609-5006; 320-532-3430
- Emergency Management Services: 24-hour fire, disaster, and emergency management response: Monte Fronk, Emergency Management Coordinator: 320-362-0435
- Community Support Services: For emergencies related to food and nutrition, Elder services, Elder abuse, emergency loans, sexual assault, or emergency loans, call 320-532-7539 or 320-630-2687.
- Domestic violence: (c) 320-630-2499
- Women’s Shelter: 866-867-4006
- Heating, water, or other home-related maintenance problems: If you live in a Mille Lacs Band Housing-maintained home, call for housing maintenance service in your district. During regular business hours, please call our Customer Service Representative at 800- 709-6445, ext. 7799. If you live in a home not maintained by the Mille Lacs Band and need assistance after hours with utilities or heating, please contact: After Hours Emergency Service: 866-822-8538. (Press 1, 2 or 3 for respective districts)
- Mille Lacs Band Family Services: Foster Care: 320-630-2663; Social Worker: 320-630-2444, Toll-free: 800-709-6445, ext. 7588. Aazhoomog 320-384-0149; Hinckley 320-384-7400; toll-free 24-hour crisis line 1-866-867-4006.
- Batterers’ Intervention: 320-532-8909 – Behavioral Health: 800-709-6445,ext.7776
District I: 320-532-7585
District II: 218-768-3311
District IIa: 320-676-1102
District III: 320-384-6240
Urban Office: 612-872-1424
Staff of Mille Lacs Band Higher Education
Commissioner of Education, Ed Minnema – 320-532-4695 or cell 320-630-0674
Joyce Shingobe, Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Higher Education Program – Executive Director of Education – Extension 320-532-4181 Ex. 7581
Camille Smith, Mille Lacs Band Scholarship Program – 320-532-4181 Ex. 4775
Rosella Eagle, Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Higher Education Admin, – 320-532-4181 Ex. 4795
Alicia Skinaway, Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Higher Ed. Student Support – 320-532-4181 Ex. 4717
Click the links above for information on upcoming events, current job postings, and RFPs/Construction Bids.